Tuesday, February 12, 2013

J'adore Paris

A few years ago I made a snowball quilt for my good friend Maria using Paris-themed fabrics. When the quilt was finished  I was happy with it but something was missing.  I had wanted to applique a tall black cat on it and I actually have a pattern that would be purrfect but when push came to shove I couldn't find it anywhere.  I then thought about an Eiffel Tower and had a hard time finding anything that would work so in the end I didn't applique anything at all. 

Fast forward a couple of years and sure enough I have found a large Eiffel Tower.   Ooh La La was exactly what I had been searching for and now I could add an Eiffel to her quilt.  What?  Applique a large design on a finished quilt?   Sure, why not?  Well it had it's challenges but all in all it turned out.  Maria will be getting her quilt returned to her this weekend and I have my fingers crossed she still likes her quilt.


Working on the Eiffel Tower reminded me that I can't wait to get back to the City of Lights!

Cheers,

Debi




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!