Tuesday, December 6, 2022

OMG December

My December goal isn't going to be too challenging since it is always a busy time.  I love Union Jack quilts and have collected quite a few patterns and started several blocks over the years. I have found that some patterns make the block too square while others waste a lot of fabric and are a bit cumbersome.  Regent Street by Amy Smart is just right, comes in two different sizes and is easy to make. 

I have made 6 of the larger blocks from the supplement and I need to make a few more before I start assembling.  I am using the fabric line Notting Hill designed by Amy Smart to make these blocks..


I had started on the smaller Jack too but realized this part was made with a different pattern so I will remake it with the correct pattern.  If memory serves me right I was playing around with the size for some reason.


My goal for the month is to remake the smaller Union Jack following the Regent Street pattern and if the stars align I will make some additional blocks.  

Here is a sample of a block from Fig Tree Quilts called Jumping Jacks and it is very square.  I prefer a flag that is rectangular and has the striping more like the actual flag.


I actually have a second goal for the month as I am quilting with Angela Walters and her newest Free-Motion Challenge on YouTube.  It is called Mandala Free Motion Challenge and I have all of the pieces and parts assembled but need to pin baste it and start quilting!

Check out what everyone else is up to by clicking on the link below to take you to the OMG December link up.


See you soon!

Cheers,

Debi


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!