Saturday, February 29, 2020

Scrap Happy Saturday

It is the last Saturday of the month and that means it is time to share some scrappy orange with everyone at RSC.  It was a busy month for me and I was able to get a few things completed.

An orange butterfly.

A corrected green/orange butterfly from last month.



Two orange houses.

I am not wild about the second one though.

I attended a quilt retreat earlier this month and someone shared this quilt with everyone.  I loved it!  I asked her the name of the pattern and she couldn't remember but told me it was apparently a block of the month class at a quilt shop.  I couldn't find anything on it.

Does anyone recognize the pattern?  Let me know if you do. 

I decided to attempt to make the quilt and add my own interpretation of the flowers.  Here is what I have so far.


I thought I would applique some flowers for the border and played with a French Flower.  The pattern is raw edge applique and I am doing traditional applique with it and perhaps a little embellishment.


I know I got some orange microspools done at the retreat as well but they don't look any different from the orange spools I shared last year.  My microspools are from my scrap basket so there will be lots that are the same.

Teal we meet again--which I am looking forward to!

Cheers!

Debi





4 comments:

  1. I am making this quilt too. I love it! It's called Meadow from Jen Kingwell Designs- designed by Michelle McKillop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see someone has already told you the name of "Meadow". My quilt guild made this as their raffle quilt for our quilt show last year. Ours wasn't done as raw-edge, though, it was all needle turn.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog. Blogger didn't notify me of your comment, but I just found it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Meadow pattern too. Your interpretation will be beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of your ORANGE scraps and that rainbow quilt is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!