Wednesday, March 4, 2020

OMG March Goal

Well it looks like I leaped right past the link up for February as I started to write my post earlier this week and realized that Sunday was March 1st and not the end of February.  If I can keep my dates in check this month I should have quite a lot to share because I actually did get some things accomplished.

My goal this month is to work on some Elizabeth Hartman bunnies that I started last year.  I was going to make them as a baby gift but I was in a hurry when I started making them and ended up making all kinds of mistakes.  For example, here is the first test bunny I made and didn't see the issue with the ears until nine bunnies were made.


Obviously I don't do well when I am in a hurry and don't pay close attention to the pattern.  If I were to just go ahead and add borders it would have worked, but I am not the most accurate sewer so I doubt I would have had perfect points.

Once corrected it look much better but I see that the ear point will be an issue once the border is added.  Oh well, I feel better.


Then I decided making the mouth was too much on future bunnies because after all I was in a hurry.  In the end the bunnies never got finished and I had to redo a bunch of ears.


My goal this month is to correct all of the bun's and get them assembled into some sort of quilt top.  There are still some ear issues but I am letting it go and moving this project along--goodness that feels so good!  I will be donating the top to a charity once it is done.

Since I did get the date of the beginning of the month right, I will be linking up with everyone at Elm Street Quilts.  

Cheers,

Debi


2 comments:

  1. I think we quilters are more hard on ourselves than the general person. Probably no one would have even noticed their ears. They definitely are cute! I love how you have use eggs for one of the ears. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be very cute. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!