Sunday, November 17, 2013

Rose Colored Glasses

Last week I went into our local antique shop just to see if they had any vintage sewing machines and they did not.  I did happen upon a embroidered pink and white quilt top that I liked as I have had a thing for pink and white quilts for awhile.  The top wasn't very expensive and at first glance it looked like it was in decent shape so I bought it.  

Apparently I had my rose colored glasses on when I looked at the top and only saw one place where it was coming apart and I thought I could fix that without any problems.  Once home I discovered all kinds of problems including a little hole in one of the blocks--sigh.  I decided to frog stitch the entire quilt and patch the hole.  

Here is the block with the hole above the embroidery.
The quilt top was hand pieced and I thought it would be a breeze to take apart but who would have thought the quilter would have sewn two lines of hand stitching on each and every block!

I have the quilt completely apart now and have patched the little hole as well.  I purchased some pink polka-dot fabric to use as stashing and now all I need to do is take some time to put it back together again.  Had I realized how much work this little top was going to take I am sure I would have folded up and put it right back on the shelf.  Note to self, be sure to remove rose colored glasses when looking in antique stores.

Cheers!

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!