Monday, December 9, 2013

Nasturtiums and Celtic Solstice

Chevrons!  I can't believe I have never pieced a chevron in over 30 years of quilting!  A few done and tons left to sew.
Why did I go with Bonnie's color scheme on this mystery quilt?  Because it does really remind me of Ireland.

Nasturtiums in the back garden of a B&B we stayed at in Castlebar, Co. Mayo, Ireland in September, 1996.  Not a great photo because a) I took the photo and my photography skills are not great; b) it is a photo of a photo.  LOL!

Although the colors are out of my comfort zone I am having great fun sorting through fabric and using pieces that I never thought I would use--corn, lemons, celery, apples, grapes and shamrocks just to name a few.

There is still plenty of time to take a mysterious trip to Ireland and make Celtic Solstice with Bonnie and her peeps. 

Cheers,

Debi
 

6 comments:

  1. I love your colors, Deb! I chose teal, gray, orange, yellow and white. I haven't decided if I'll post. It's been soooo long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the nasturtium photo is charming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Color is way out of my comfort and scrap zone too. I haven't gotten to the 3nd step, but I'm thinking I will go w brown tones. Thinking about just using 1 color of brown for the orange and one color of green for the Greens and scrappy for the neutrals since Ihave those cut. Not sure yet. I have about 1/2 of step 1 done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colors are looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fabric choices are perfect! There is so much movement in the blocks. Can't wait to see what the entire quilt will look like with your fabrics. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got some fun fabrics there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!