Sunday, July 28, 2019

PINK! RSC July

I love pink, especially hot pink, and I certainly enjoyed working on a few pink blocks this month.  Unfortunately June and July have been incredibly busy, and hot, which doesn't bid well for sewing.

I would have loved to make many more pink microspools but it just didn't happen.  Here are the few I did get done.


I also managed to get two pink cakes baked.


I love those lime roses but sewing them on the cake and then adding side strips was a bit challenging.  Speaking of cakes, I have been taking baking classes from Buttercream & Olive Oil and made a Brown Butter cake that is iced to match my lime trim.


Amazing and scrummy, as Mary Berry of The Great British Baking Show would say.  I loved this class.  Yesterday I took two more French pastry classes and the results were once again quite yummy.

A day late, but I am linking up with everyone at RSC Last Pink Weekend.  I am really sad to say goodbye to pink but look forward to a new color.

Cheers!

Debi





4 comments:

  1. Lovely pink blocks, and your I'm amazed that you can make icing roses like that. Scrummy looking indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, meant to add, love your gorgeous cat on the header. We have a seal point Birman ourselves, she is still young enough to get up to mischief! But when she is good, she is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pink RSC blocks look good but I must say that your cake looks amazing! So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty PINK bits and those Cakes are INCREDIBLE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!