Sunday, October 6, 2019

Chocolate Cake

The colors this month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge are brown, black or gray.  My first thoughts were hmmmm not sure what I am going to do and then it hit me--Chocolate!  Brown is not a color I often use but when I think of it as chocolate it is so much more appreciated and used.  With that said, here is my chocolate cake--it looks a bit wonky but that is how my cakes turn out anyway so it is perfect.
I also think pink and chocolate are wonderful colors when used together so it seemed a natural to me.

I missed posting in August and September for a variety of reasons but I tried to keep up a bit.  Here are a few purple microspools that I did get done but didn't get posted.

I know I made some bright blue microspools but it appears I didn't take a photo of them so instead I will show you a cake I made that has a bright blue stand.


Hmmm, hard to tell from the photo it is bright blue, and once again wonky, but it really is bright blue, and the ribbon is the French flag.  Also, you may have noticed that I had a lot of posts about French related things this past year and you guessed it, I went to France in September and getting ready certainly impacted my sewing, however, it didn't impact my baking!  In preparation I had to make some baguettes.

 Yum!  My friends love them and my travel friend thinks they are as good as what we get in France which is quite a compliment.

Yesterday I took yet another baking class.  These classes are such fun and they are addicting!  Buttercream and Olive Oil had a class on biscuits and I had to take it.  We made biscuits which was fun and something I have done over the years but we also made butter and buttermilk!  What fun and oh so yummy.  I didn't take a photo of the butter because, well, it is butter, but oh so good.  Here are my biscuits-yum!


In November I am signed up to take a yeast bread class so stay tuned.

Finally, I want to thank The Joyful Quilter, Jeanne, Susie H and Jenny for their wonderful and encouraging comments from July.  I apologize for not getting back to them as I always try to thank those who comment.  I am not sure how much I am going to be able to sew, bake or post as some medical issues have come my way.  In the meantime, I will do what I can to keep up as I plan on trying a new baked good tomorrow and who knows maybe I will take a photo of those bright blue microspools so stay tuned.

Cheers,

Debi




4 comments:

  1. Those biscuits look delicious!! No worries about not responding to replies. Some bloggers seem to NEVER respond! Thanks for the shout out, though. Best of luck fixing what ails you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Le pain a l'air délicieux. Nothing scents a home better than baking bread. Your fabric cakes look yummy,too. What a fun block ... :-) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cakes are so cool! Where did you get the idea/pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous quilting !
    And les chats aussi 😺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!