Monday, October 1, 2012

Tea and Meringue

My travel friend and I spent last week visiting London and had a wonderful time.  The weather was a bit rainy and it did hamper some of our planned outdoor activities but it didn't interrupt our tea time.  We did get to the Orangery and once again the raspberry meringue eluded me as the kitchen is undergoing a major renovation and the menu was limited.  But not to worry as I eventually found a pile of meringues at the Borough Market and was able to satisfy my meringue need.

We also took a couple of hours to have a lovely high tea at The Sanderson Hotel where they have an Alice in Wonderland theme.  It was fun but I'm not sure it was worth the price as it is quite expensive.

My favorite place ended up being Maison Bertaux as the pastries were beautiful and so tasty.  I had a wonderful raspberry tart that was the best.  Now if I had remembered to take a photo of it I could remember it forever but sadly I must have been too distracted by the tart to remember to get my camera out.

All in all it was a great trip and I would do it again in a heartbeat.  I am happy to be home and now I have to get busy working on some kitty crafts for a craft show in two weeks.





1 comment:

Thanks for your comments!