Saturday, February 9, 2013

Easy Street Top Finished

Yippee, I finally got the borders of Easy Street on yesterday!  It seemed like it took me forever to get all the pieces and parts of this quilt top together but I am so thrilled it is finally finished.  Overall, it didn't turn out too bad although a few flying geese have issues but the quilt is so busy I am hoping most folks won't notice.  Normally I try to quilt most of my stuff myself, but this quilt is so large and I really would like to get it done sometime soon so I am taking it to a long-arm quilter next week.   The finished top measures somewhere around 99" square and I really didn't have anywhere in the house to take a photo so I went outside this morning while everything was still frozen and took a photo.  The top needs pressing so mind the wrinkles.

I had so much help when I was trying to work on the borders which really slowed down much of my progress.  Twinkie could hardly stand it when I laid the top out on the floor and had to run and slide across it.  I really wish I would have had a video going when he was "playing" on the top because he was having a ball.


Twinkie was not out done by the black cats, Shadow and Zippy, as they had to get in on the action when I was trying to measure the top which was quite frustrating for me, but not them.

I had so much fun working on this quilt and as you can see my cats did too.

I would like to thank Bonnie Hunter for being so generous with her time and patterns and I hope she knows how much we all appreciate all she does for quilters.

Cheers,

Debi


2 comments:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful! This is a Bonnie pattern that I really want to do, but I'm trying hard to finish some things first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeanne! I found a big, fat mistake after I took the photo--LOL! Too late now though. I hope you enjoy making this pattern as much as I did. See you on Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!