Friday, March 27, 2020

OMG March Goal Finish!

Thank goodness I didn't forget to link up this month with everyone at Elm Street Quilts.  My goal was to resew and assemble some bunny blocks and get them made into some sort of quilt top that will get donated to charity.  I did get it all done and I think it turned out better than I anticipated. I don't plan on quilting this quilt as the charity has volunteer quilters and/or folks that tie quilts.


Here is what I finished up in February and didn't get to share as I was a day late last month in linking up.  My never ending En Provence Quiltville mystery top finally got finished and will get moved on to a quilter someday.


My backing fabric is perfect for the back of this quilt--Macarons from Paris no less.


I also finished a UFO that I bought at our guild quilt show second-time around shop last summer.  Not bad for $3.00.  I had to assemble about half of the hearts and add the borders.


My heart quilt will go into the queue to be quilted as desired--those three dreaded words that lead me to have a lot of projects waiting to be quilted.

I hope to figure out what I want to work on next month and have a goal.  One would think that it is easy to pick something but I have been less focused these days thanks to all that is going on in the world.  Our state has had a stay-at-home order for almost 2 weeks and I am staying put except for grocery day which does cause me some stress when I go and find the shelves somewhat empty.  Who in the world is using all of the bread flour, yeast, and butter?  Don't they know I have French bread recipes I want to play around with?

Until next month.

Cheers,

Debi







2 comments:

  1. You've been so busy, it's amazing and yes that was a great deal for the heart quilt. It turned out so well. But your bunny quilt is exquisite. I love the color choices. Congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet bunnies. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!