Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Scrap Happy Aqua

Finally getting around to posting some of my accomplishments for March and linking up with everyone at RSC March even if I am rather late.

Like a lot of folks it has been hard to focus on any particular project and I really wanted to work on something mindless.  One would think these butterflies were mindless but for some reason I had issues with them.

I then decided to make a few Shoo-Fly blocks that is the  Quiltville Leader/Ender project that started in 2019.  I am not really a leader/ender kinda quilter as it takes too much planning ahead.  I like to cut a little and then sew a little.  I sometimes wonder if my method for sewing comes from the fact that I learned to piece and quilt by hand and I would make blocks one at a time.  I used the scraps from my butterflies to make the corners.


I then thought about making a French Roses quilt in aquas.  The bonus of a hand sewing project is I can binge watch shows on Netflix/Amazon Prime, lol, and pay attention to what is actually going on.


Finally, I found something that was fun to work on although I don't know where this project will go.  When Judy from Busy Hands Happy Hands shared her OMG accomplishment I knew I had to try the bunny pattern.



I am off to give myself a haircut which should be quite entertaining and it is good that I am not going out right now, lol!  I have clippers and scissors and thankfully love super short hair.  Wish me luck because it is going to be a comedy of errors.

Cheers,

Debi

3 comments:

  1. Bunnies are very cute, and so are the butterflies, but I am sure you have worked out there needs to be a little unpicking there :( but I guess that is good for doing in front of netflix hey! I love your applique rose, that is a great pattern and a great idea for RSC blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, lol I have looked at those butterflies off and on and never noticed. I seem to have issues with butterflies.

      Delete
  2. I thought that bunny pattern was cute too. Glad you gave it a go. Looks great! Now about that haircut ... how about a before & after photo!!??! Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!