Monday, April 6, 2020

OMG April Goal Setting

There are so many projects that could be candidates for an OMG April Link-Up but right now I need to work on projects that I can accomplish in a short amount of time--not much thinking required.  I really need to start machine quilting a few projects but then I would have to fiddle with the tension on my machine and that just makes my head hurt! 

My goal this month is work on my Cake Walk (a Lori Holt pattern) quilt blocks as they need bits appliqued on top of most of the cakes.  Hearts, cherries and flowers are what are on tap this month. 

Cherries!


Hearts!


Still pondering my flowers. 

As a distraction I decided to make croissant dough yesterday and this morning I shaped and baked them.  This recipe doesn't make a lot but I was able to make a few regular croissants as well as Pain Au Chocolat, yum!

Shaped and ready to proof.



Baked!  You can see I had to have the smallest one immediately.  I really need to do a better job shaping them.  Looks like I have an excuse to try another batch soon. 



Back to sewing!

Cheers,

Debi



2 comments:

  1. Your blocks look so cheerful, and the baking looks yummy! I've been frustrated making face masks. The ones I've made so far don't fit and look awful, so I'm back to the drawing board. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cake blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!