Saturday, April 25, 2020

Scrap Happy Saturday

I wish I could say I got a lot of blue projects done this month but I didn't.  Here are a few projects that I worked on.

Bunnies that are part of a lap quilt.  I am patiently waiting on some border fabric from Connecting Threads and once I get it I will share the quilt top.  I hope to get it to someone to quilt so I can move it along soon.


Yes, those are Cadbury bunnies from a long time ago.  Cadbury creme eggs were something I used to look forward to at Easter. 

I also got a couple of French Flowers prepped and are ready for some hand sewing. 



Once again I have been baking.  I have tried to make Kouign Amann a couple of times and have been somewhat successful but I am still tweeking things.  I need to do a better job at watching the time in the oven as my last attempt got a little crispier than I had intended.  These hadn't been flipped over and so they look better than once they were flipped.  Yum! 


I haven't shown this before and since it is a bright blue I thought I would go ahead and share it.  In February a friend really wanted a cupcake for her birthday.  The problem was she is on a diet so I made her a mug rug.  She was delighted.


So much fattening food during our stay at home order that I decided to live on the edge this weekend and not bake and actually get outside and get some much needed exercise.  Yesterday and today have been lovely and oh so needed. 

I am really enjoying being apart of Scrap Happy Saturday and am linking up with everyone today.  Thanks Angela for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge as it is great fun to see what everyone is working on.

Cheers,

Debi






4 comments:

  1. The bunnies caught my eye. So cute! BUT the cat in your header is ADORABLE!!! Looks like a great day to cuddle with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having lots of fun in Light/Bright BLUE, are you? Love, love, LOVE those French Flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bunnies and flowers..
    What a great idea to make the cupcake mug rug for your friend..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!