Saturday, April 4, 2020

Scrap Happy Bright Blue Saturday

Surprisingly I don't have a lot of bright blue fabrics in my stash but I was able to pull out a few pieces to make a few blocks.  I think I have these blocks assembled correctly, lol!


And one more.


And finally, Jack the Ripper and I are about to go on a date and rip apart one of last month's butterflies.  My assembly mistake went completely under my radar and thankfully Sue of Mother Patchwork spotted it and let me know it needed some help.  Thanks Sue because I am pretty sure I would have missed it until I got the top completely together.


See my really cool seam ripper?  It is a butter knife converted into a seam ripper--genius if you ask me.  A vendor, The Alabaster Mouse, at our quilt show last year had several for sale and I was lucky enough to pick one up.

For once in a bright blue moon I am linking up with everyone on Scrap Happy Saturday!

Cheers,

Debi





5 comments:

  1. Pretty butterflies. I cut my RSC fabrics today, I'll sew them up through the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on using the Light/Bright BLUE scraps that you found and completing your RSC Butterflies for the month of April!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those butterflies are the perfect distraction from the pandemic. So happy, so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Butterflies are always a pretty block to do, I'm also doing some for RSC. Haven't started on blue yet, but I've selected fabrics and they are now cut out ready to go

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sew glad I saved you from a bigger unpicking job, because I had to unpick a wrong block from a quilt top I had pinned recently and it was very tricky indeed! Such pretty blocks, this is going to be a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!