Saturday, July 18, 2020

Scrap Happy Saturday

A blast from the past was on my agenda today for the dark blue rainbow scrap challenge.  Several years ago I started a Bonnie Hunter pattern called Carolina Chain..  I loved the quilt when I saw it and immediately got started with visions of a nice large quilt but then realized I really didn't like sewing the blocks and they got stuck in a plastic bag and set aside. 

I pulled it out the other day and thought I might sew a few more blocks so I can make some sort of quilt out of it and the rainbow scrap challenge just might be the ticket.  I made a whopping total of four blocks.


Once I got them all done I realized all of the neutrals were supposed to be the same.  I don't do same very well in a scrappy quilt and guess what?  I am not changing a thing, lol!  These creative blocks with get sprinkled in with the rest and no one with know any better--wink, wink!

Tomorrow is another day and perhaps I will work on something but it sure won't be anymore blue Carolina Chain blocks.  So for today I am linking up with everyone at Scrap Happy Saturday where I enjoy seeing what everyone else is up to and that beachy snowman Angela posted brought a smile to my face since it is crazy hot and humid here in Ohio.

Cheers,

Debi




1 comment:

  1. Your Dark BLUE blocks look fine to me. The neutrals are all NEUTRAL, so it's all good (in my book!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!