Sunday, November 1, 2020

Scrap Happy Sunday

Wow, how did I miss last month?  I guess I just haven't felt much like sewing but I did today and here are a few blocks I completed.

Yellow Carolina Chain blocks which I am calling finished. I have actually been working on getting all of the blocks together and hope to share it next month.


A yellowish butterfly. I want to make a few more butterflies in various colors before I quit making more.


Last month I picked up some crumpets at Trader Joe's.  I kinda liked them and thought I would try my hand at making some.  I used Paul Hollywood's recipe from his book "How to Bake" and here is the photo from the book. I ordered rings from Amazon as the dough is similar to a pancake batter and needs to be contained.

And mine, which look pretty close to me.


In the end I wasn't wild about the homemade crumpets!  I am not a fan of pancakes and the texture was pancake-like.  I guess if I want crumpets I will just pick them up at Trader Joe's in the future which is crazy, lol!

It is a day late but I am linking up with everyone and all of their yellow sunshine at RSC Scrap Happy Saturday.

Cheers,

Debi



3 comments:

  1. Pretty yellow stitching! I'm a fan of crumpets too but don't know if I would go to the bother of making them. At least you gave it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had a crumpet! Are they sweet or just like a pancake? Interesting! No Trader Joe’s in my area...so I guess I’ll go awhile before tasting crumpets! Lol.

    Really like the Carolina Chain blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing those YELLOW blocks in your Carolina Chain quilt!! Hmm... Another yummy thing to add to my Trader Joe's list. Gee, thanks! :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!