Saturday, April 6, 2019

Aqua!

I can hardly believe I am keeping up with the RSC for a second month but then aqua, or Seaglass to me, is one of most favorite colors!  I do have an issue as aqua and turquoise blend together in my world.  I made a few aqua microspools this week and tried to avoid turquoise and I think I achieved that goal.

I know, not the most exciting photo but it is what it is! 

Also, I don't buy quilt magazines normally but the latest issue of Quiltmaker had a pattern and article that I was interested in so it ended up in my shopping cart.  There was an article on tiny quilt blocks by Lynn Carson Harris.  Her helpful hints were to use a new sewing machine needle, a thin thread, a single throat plate, and a short stitch length.  Hmmm, I think I use one or two of those helpful hints as I really like a single throat plate and thin thread.  I should really change my needle more often.  I never shorten my stitch length although my machine is normally set at a smaller length.

I hope to work on a few more aqua spools as well as a UFO that has been lingering for way too long and share them next time.  In the meantime, why not visit Scrap Happy Saturday to see how others interpret aqua, turquoise, or Seaglass.

Cheers!

Debi





4 comments:

  1. Great tips about the machine. I don't change the needle often either, but I do change the stitch length for paper piecing. Lovely microspool blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was having trouble with "aqua" also. Judy B mentions teal, aqua, or ocean so I'm going with all the variations. I do think this is a difficult color to pin down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! The blue-y green-y goodness. I say it all works when we USE our scraps for the RSC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that Sea glass is a great name for the color. Because I’m always trying to include contrast in my blocks, I will be using turquoise as well. Then they don’t look washed out with just the pale and white.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!