Sunday, April 21, 2019

Happy Easter Scrappiness

I think I have narrowed down what projects I plan on working on for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2019.  Of course microspools are front and center.  Thanks to Sally at The Objects of Design for her pattern and many laughs reading her blog.  I hope she reads my blog and let's Molly know that I did include a kitty fabric in the aqua microspools.  Here are a few more April aqua spools.


My second challenge project will be Cake Walk, a Lori Holt/Bee in My Bonnet pattern.  I had made one cake several years ago and pulled some fabric for the next one but it somehow got put on the shelf.  My plan is to make two cakes a month which seems do-able.


I also want to use ribbons and embellishments that I picked up on a few trips to make the cakes memorable/sentimental to me.  When I get the opportunity to go to London I always go to Fortnum & Mason to shop for edible goodies and I included one of their ribbons on this cake.  The first time I went to London it was in February and the daffodils were bloom at Green Park next to Buckingham Palace so I appliqued a daffodil on top.  I still need to do some embellishing on the daffodil.


My second aqua cake still needs the cherries on top and I am loving it already!  The Eiffel Tower background along with some rose ribbon is perfect!  The cake block really isn't wonky it is just the amazing job I do as a photographer.  I did pick up the ribbon in Paris the last time I was lucky enough to visit and it was kinda expensive.  When I got home I was a JoAnn's and I think I saw the same ribbon there at a oh so much cheaper price.  I haven't looked since and I really don't care because the ribbon reminds me of my last Paris trip.  I am anxious to applique those cherries.

Finally, since it is Easter I couldn't pass up an opportunity to share my sort of aqua bunny that is also an ongoing project thanks to Sally at The Objects of Design.


I am linking up with everyone else at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge today.

Happy Easter!

Cheers,

Debi








1 comment:

  1. Your cakes are beautiful and so sweet that they also serve as happy memories. Adorable bunny you've got there too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!