Sunday, May 31, 2020

OMG and Slow Stitching Sunday

My monthly goal for May was to get my cakes sewn together and I did get it done.  Yippee!!!  This morning I thought I might start on the borders and I hit one of my ribbons with the hot iron and melted some of the words on it, well shoot now what? Set it aside for awhile and ponder it.  Thankfully the cake is on the edge and I could take it all apart and replace the ribbon.  As I said yesterday, I do love to rip things apart but usually other peoples' quilt projects.  Time will tell.


Here is my ironing error.  What are the odds if I replace the ribbon I won't hit it again, lol!


Speaking of ripping out stuff I decided to change the flower at the top of one of my cakes.  In the end I just didn't like the daffodil and went with the daisy. From this:


To this, which is so much better.



After the ironing fiasco I rethought what I wanted to work on today.  I seem to be tired and maybe a slow stitching day is what I really need and my plan is to get back to those little Basket Case baskets.



Here are what I have so far.


Today I am doing two link ups!  My cakes met my OMG May goal and I am linking up with everyone at Elm Street Quilts OMG Goal Finish.  Since I decided to take it slow this afternoon I am linking up with Slow Stitching Sunday at Kathy's Quilts.

Cheers,

Debi



4 comments:

  1. Your quilt celebrating with lovely cakes is fabulous and such fun. Yes, the green daisy-like flower is a great choice instead of the daffodil. Such a pity the iron left it's mark on the ribbon but as you say thankfully it is on the edge and you will be able to fix it. Enjoy your Sunday stitching those sweet little baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame you had an issue with the iron, just as well you will be able to fix it. Pretty little baskets, they are on my list to do "sometime"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!