Saturday, May 9, 2020

Scrap Happy Saturday Darker Green

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge color this month is dark green.  Dark green isn't one of my favorite colors but I did find some fabric that I thought I would enjoy working with this month.

A few weeks ago Canadian Needle Nana posted a link to Michele Ridgeway Designs for some cute little baskets, called Basket Case, and I thought why not!  I printed the pattern and made a block and it just seemed too big and then I realized I forgot to adjust my printer setting and once I did it was perfect.  Basket case on an 8 inch background and a 6.5 inch background which is what I wanted.




At first I thought I might make my baskets in all cats but then I found so many fun novelty prints that I have never used and they will make great baskets. 

My butterfly collection is also growing.  The green in this block isn't really a dark green but I like it and enjoyed making a green butterfly with it so why not.  I won the fabrics as a door prize at the February quilt retreat and really wanted to use them.


Why not join Angela and everyone else over at Scrap Happy Saturday to see lots of green projects in the making.

Cheers,

Debi

4 comments:

  1. I think I really might NEED that Basket Case pattern. It's SEW cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cute little baskets! They look like they might be addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baskets and butterflies, what could be nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how not pushing one little button can make such a BIG difference in the print job!??! The baskets are adorable and that butterfly is beautiful. Gorgeous fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!