Friday, April 25, 2014

French Fabric Purchases

Montmartre is home to lots of fabric shops and I visited them a couple of times.  My favorite shop was Tissus Reine as it reminded me of the shops we have around here with their fabric selection and the way it was displayed.  I was amazed at the price of the quilting fabric as it was just over 15 Euros a meter which is probably around $22 or $23 for a little over a yard.  Needless to say I didn't buy any quilting fabric while in Paris since it was so expensive and it is exactly what we have here!

I did try to find fabric that was made in France and found a little which was only 5.50 Euros which makes it less than $10 a meter!  I plan to make window toppers out of one and the other will possibly be a whole-cloth lap quilt which will allow me to play with machine quilting.
I also couldn't resist this Macaron fabric.
Just as I can't resist Macarons!
These Macarons were from Paul's and they were okay but Gerard Mulot has the best ever.  Sadly I wasn't able to snap a photo of what I bought as they were gone in no time!
Cheers!

Debi





1 comment:

  1. I love the UK & Paris too.
    Our fabric prices here in Aust range between $15- $25 a metre..... Not cheap

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!