Monday, April 21, 2014

UFO's

Before I went on my trip I went to the Columbus Metropolitan Quilters quilt show which is a quilt guild I used to belong to.  It was lovely and I should have taken some photos of the quilts, but I didn't as I just get to busy looking and forget to pull out the camera.  They had a "garage sale" area at the show and I couldn't believe what great stuff was available for sale at really great prices.  Now mind you I have plenty of UFO's myself but how could I resist another quilter's UFO's?

For some reason Christmas items caught my eye and I came home with this little quilt.  So cute!

I couldn't leave these blocks at the show, after all they had kitty fabric in the centers and each block is signed by the maker with the date 2010.
I also bought these applique blocks because I knew four of the five quilters.  Sadly, most of the quilters have passed away so it was nice to have a little bit of their history.  The blocks were made in 1982 and I joined the guild in 1984 and quilted with them for many years.  They were lovely ladies and I sure miss those Saturday afternoons when we got together for quilting and friendship.  
A large wall hanging also caught my eye as I liked the colors and the little bee in the heart. 
The applique is fusible, which is something I don't do so I have to try to figure out what to do to make it a little more permanent since one of the pieces is starting to come off.  I will attempt to re-fuse it, but I may end up doing some sort of stitching around each piece just to secure it a little more.  I just hope the fusible that was used is something that can be stitched through otherwise I am not sure what I'll do.

Finally, there was a little bag of 40 of the cutest blocks.  The maker had a quilt in the show made from these blocks and now I can just kick myself for not taking photos of the quilts because it was one of the quilts that I really liked.  The workmanship is excellent and I can't wait to play with them.
All in all it was a great show and I just love the UFO's I came home with.  Now I just have to take the time to work on these as well as so many of my own. 

Cheers,

Debi




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!