Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Tulip Applique

Several months ago I took a hand applique class from one of our quilt guild members.  I have appliqued for years and am satisfied with the needle-turn method I use but this class offered a different technique so it piqued my curiosity.  The instructor does tons of beautiful applique and she uses interfacing to line her individual pieces.  It was a nice technique but I think I'll stick to my method even though it seems like I rarely do applique any more.

I recently purchased a Bailey's Home Quilter and this was the first thing I quilted on the new machine.  I love quilting on my old c-1996 Bernina but the harp just isn't big enough and this machine has much more space although it really didn't matter for this little wall hanging since it is only about 20 inches square.

Here is a close-up of the quilting.
And a photo-bomb by Merlin.
Cheers!

Debi



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!